Welcome to the Enterprise Visual Communications Group of TECHNICAL INNOVATION and
thank you for your interest in joining our team.
TECHNICAL INNOVATION – or “TI” as we are usually called – has had great growth over the
last several years. We are proud to have been ranked the 5th largest US based Audio-Visual
Solutions and Professional Services company in 2013 by Systems Contractor News.
The reason for our growth is simple. We have the right “Go-To-Market” model which is built on
a foundation of unwavering commitment to Customer Service. Our company is powered by
associates who want a great professional experience in support of our Core Values;
Integrity, Dedication, Competance, Importance of each Team Member, Balance and The Long
Here are few suggestions to help you evaluate our company and our job description
requirements aginst your skills to be successful:
1) Please spend some time at www.technical-innovation.com to learn about our company
and the separate business groups which often work together to better serve our
2) Spend some time thinking about the successes you’ve had in your career as compared
against our job description requirements. We think we have a great company and are
very interested to speak with talented individuals who can help us grow.
3) Be prepared with a questions list. We believe long term success is based on having a
really good fit between the employee and the job requirements.
The marketplace for collaboration technologies which help enterprises work better through
visual communication is one of the fastest growing technology segments. EVC is looking for
talented individuals who want to engage the marketplace and demonstrate why TI is the best
long term partner for their collaboration solutions.
Director – Enterprise Video Communications Group
SOLUTIONS CONSULTANT – ENTERPRISE VIDEO COMMUNICATIONS (EVC) GROUP
Company Overview: TECHNICAL INNOVATION (www.technical-innovation.com) is an
award-winning, visual collaboration and digital media Engineering and Professional
Services Company headquartered in Atlanta, GA. The company is privately held, has a
rich, 75+ year history of delivering best-in-class technology solutions to both enterprise
and federal customers. The company was recently ranked the5th largest US based AV
Solutions company by Systems Contractor News. TECHNICAL INNOVATION has
offices in the Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic regions and provides solutions and services
to Corporations and Federal agencies nationally and globally.
Position Overview: Senior Level Solutions Consultant position responsible for creating
a focused Territory Business Plan to proactively generate revenue opportunities
through sale of Unified Communication (“UC”) technologies including
TelePresence/videoconferencing; Digital Steaming & Storage Technologies
coupled with a strong portfolio of Managed & Professional Services. Target
market includes Federal Civilian Agencies, Department of Defense, Systems
Integrators (prime contractors), and other related organizations. Primary territory
includes mix of existing DoD/Federal clients and “net new” prospects.
Position Location: National Capital Region (Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland)
Essential Experience and Responsibilities:
· Must have a thorough understanding of IP networks and Unified Communication
technologies and applications
· Successful track record selling communications and IT technology solutions to
DoD/Federal end users.
· Strong preference for individual with proven track record of successfully selling
solutions which integrate with Cisco UCM or Microsoft Lync networks.
· Candidates must have over 5 years’ of experience selling into DoD/Federal
Agencies with successful sales performance exceeding $2,500,000 per year.
· Must have demonstrated proficiency in government procurement methodologies,
current Federal Procurement Contracting protocol, and proven strategic teaming
agreement strategies used meet or exceed quota objectives.
· Strong Preference for individuals with an active DOD SECURITY CLEARANCE.
· Provide examples of past sales performance using a Territory Business Plan and
discuss how the Plan helped them perform against quota.
· Individual traits and character which align with TI’s Core Values which are
integrity, dedication, competence, the importance of each team member,
balance, and the long view.
· Must have demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
appropriate for engagement with SES/C-level executives.
· Travel required as needed to generate new revenue opportunities within the
objectives of the Territory Business Plan. Solutions Consultant must provide
personal vehicle suitable for travel and will work with sales management to
evaluate cost-benefit of travel. Note: Monthly automobile expense allowance
· Solution Engineering and marketing resources are provided. Solutions
Consultant should have experience working in a matrix resources model and
have the ability to proactively secure resources when needed.
Requirements for consideration:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Technology, or related discipline.
· Minimum of 5 years of successful performance selling IP based Unified
Communications technology or managed services against a minimum quota of
· Successful development and execution of territory business plans which
establish the ability to build and grow a sales territory.
· Examples of Command/C-Level presentations.
· Demonstrated problem solving to overcome objections and challenges to
generate successful results. Strong preference for individuals who combined
equipment sales with managed services offering to overcome the challenge and
secure the sales.
· Strong preference for manufacturers’ training certifications such as Cisco
Collaboration Sales Expert 6.0, Polycom Certified Expert, and Microsoft Lync
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT), SharePoint, Outlook, CRM,
quoting tools, and other productivity applications for PCs or network (VM/Web)
Strong emphasis on professional sales environment involving a combination of corporate
office working conditions coupled with home office ability as warranted through sales
performance. Corporate environment is a collaborative, team-oriented, and dynamic
operation. Strong sense of pro-active customer support required and as well as
individual initiative for problem solving. Physical activity to move equipment for
demonstration purposes required.
TECHNICAL INNOVATION is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
(M/F/V/D). We support diversity in our workforce. Please note those individuals
submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for
employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time
Please visit the TECHNICAL INNOVATION web site www.technical-innovation.com to
submit your resume following the directions on our Careers page.